Incorporating new technologies into the learning environment is a continuing priority at Elmwood Franklin. The integrated use of instructional technology has been shown to improve student achievement in reading, writing, and mathematics; improve classroom efficiency and productivity; and help teachers meet the varied needs of all students.
At Elmwood Franklin, we don’t just teach our students to use technology; we empower our students to use technology to learn. From digital literacy to digital citizenship, our technology curriculum covers more than how to use a certain device or program to include how to use it properly, effectively, and safely. Multi-media applications are used regularly for learning and for demonstrating learning. Basic computer science concepts are also incorporated, using age-appropriate tools for coding and robotics.
• iPads available to all classrooms
• 1:1 iPad program starting in fourth grade
• Dedicated technology instruction in all grades
• Coding instruction in all grades
• Smartboards in most classrooms
• Laptops available to all classrooms
• Two Mac labs
• 3D printers
• e-book lending library
• Wi-Fi throughout the building