In order to carry out the educational mission of the school, Elmwood Franklin has in place the following guidelines of dress that ensures, at the discretion of the administration, that student dress does not distract them or their classmates from that mission.
Guidelines for Grades 1 - 8
- All clothing must be clean, neat, and appropriate for school.
- Clothing may be in any solid color. This includes shirts, blouses, turtlenecks, skirts, jumpers, dresses, pants, walking-shorts, sweaters, tights, socks, polar fleece vests and pullovers.
- Skirts, dresses, jumpers, and walking-shorts may be no shorter than approximately four inches above the knee.
- Blue denim jeans, sweat pants, jogging suits, jogging shorts, and Spandex are not allowed. Gym and running shorts, athletic pants, jackets, and tops may be worn only in gym classes and for sports events.
- T-shirts are not allowed. Tops with writing or slogans are not allowed.
- Collared shirts, turtlenecks or Henleys are to be worn by boys.
- Low-cut blouses, tank tops, and cropped tops are not allowed.
- Clogs, sandals, platform shoes, slipper shoes, or those with heels over an inch are not permitted.
- Shoes must have backs. Tie shoes must be tied. Safety is our primary concern.
- Hats are to be worn outside only.
- All hair color must be of a natural hue and style (i.e. no green, purple or two-tone, mohawk, etc. )
Guidelines for Prep