Make My Design
Materials: pattern blocks and a folder
Object of the Game: To create a design identical to the other player's design
- The first player chooses 6 blocks. The second player gathers the same 6 blocks.
- Players sit face-to-face with a folder between them.
- The first player creates a design with the blocks.
- Using only words, the first player tells the second player how to "Make My Design." The second player can ask questions about the instructions.
- Players remove the folder and look at the two designs. Players discuss how closely the designs match.
- Players change roles and play again
The students had so much fun playing this new game! It's quickly becoming a favorite. An idea if you don't have pattern blocks at home is to draw the shapes in a design, and have the second player try to draw the same design. Have fun!