1 small plate
1. Player 1:
- Turns the plate upside-down
- Hides some of the pennies under the plate
- Puts the remaining pennies on top of the plate
- Counts the pennies on top of the plate
- Figures out how many pennies are hidden under the plate
4. Players trade roles and repeat Steps 1 and 2.
5. Each player keeps a tally of their points. The first player to get 5 points is the winner.
Another Way to Play: Use a different number of pennies.
Penny- Nickel Exchange
1. Partners put 20 pennies and 10 nickels in a pile. This is the bank.
2. Players take turns rolling a die and collecting the number of pennies shown on the die from the bank.
3. Whenever players have at least 5 pennies, they say, "Exchange!" and trade 5 pennies for a nickel from the bank.
4. The game ends when there are no more nickels in the bank. The player who has more nickels wins. If players have the same number of nickels, the player with more pennies wins.
Another Way to Play: Play with a larger bank and two dice.