Elmwood Franklin School prepares children to lead a thriving life.
To effectively carry out our mission, Elmwood Franklin is committed to
- providing an enriched academic program that emphasizes learning how to learn, developing good work habits, and fostering creative and independent thinking;
- enhancing each student’s learning experience with in-class and out-of-class activities as well as extracurricular offerings including athletics and the arts;
- sustaining an environment in which respect and caring for each child and adult in the school community are paramount;
- building an inclusive school community that reflects and values diversity;
- maintaining a collegial faculty of outstanding professionals to serve as effective teachers and caring mentors;
- fostering a school-home partnership focused on the academic and personal development of each student and characterized by open communication;
- involving families in supporting the work of our students and teachers;
- supporting our educational program with extensive resources and well-maintained, well-equipped facilities.
Elmwood Franklin continually challenges students to grow academically and intellectually so that they can achieve at increasingly higher levels.
Elmwood Franklin strengthens social-emotional skills and demonstrates a commitment to the values of kindness, respect, integrity, teamwork, and perseverance. Students are encouraged to practice their roles as responsible citizens in a wider world.
Elmwood Franklin fosters a caring environment in which families, students, teachers, and professionals share ideas, value and incorporate differences, and work in partnership to create authentic experiences with lasting impact.
Elmwood Franklin promotes a culture of learning in which curiosity is rewarded, risk-taking is encouraged, and challenging assumptions is expected. Through these experiences, confident, resilient, independent thinkers are cultivated.
Elmwood Franklin is a journey—not a destination. Students are met at their personal stage of development and are given opportunities to discover their learning style, pursue their passions, and develop themselves.